40 And Fabulous

You may feel like a kid on the inside, but when you hit 40, your skin might tell a different story. We asked leading dermatologists to share their favorite skin-saving secrets for women in their 40s.

Moisturizers

Hopefully, by the time you reach your 40s a daily moisturizer has become a no-brainer. Just make sure it’s not the same moisturizer you were using in your 20s. Increase the thickness and richness of the moisturizers you use. As you get older, the skin does a poorer job of maintaining its own moisture level, so dryness can set in before we realize it, making fine lines look worse than they really are.  Make sure your moisturizer includes broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30.

Supplements

Skin care in your 40s isn’t only about what you put on your body — it’s also about what you put into it. experts recommends a daily supplement regimen including a complex of amino acids, glucosamine, vitamin B6, antioxidants including grape seed extract, and vitamins A, C, D and E. Internal skin care is just as important as topical skin-care products. Topical products can only aid the 20 percent of your skin on the surface; internal will take care of the other 80 percent.

Acne Treatment

You are not supposed to get acne in your 40s, right? Some women actually get acne worse than ever at this age. This is due to normal hormonal changes. Don’t underestimate it and try to dry up pimples with a spot treatment. See a dermatologist for a reasonable, safe regimen that will keep them in check.

Anti-Aging Treatment

Anti-aging treatment cannot be given a miss whether you have wrinkles or not. Now, when you are already in your 40s, is the right time to use an anti-aging product to look after your wrinkles, fine lines and sagging skin on the face. Dermagen iQ is a peptide-rich solution that is known to get rid of stubborn wrinkles and fine lines.

Summary
Review Date
Reviewed Item
40 And Fabulous
Author Rating
51star1star1star1star1star

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.